After last Event Calander upgrade I've found 2 issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO After last Event Calander upgrade I've found 2 issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

Hi there,

After the last event calendar upgrade the following features aren’t working anymore:
    – In Picture view, it won’t hold the chosen selection whether to hide or view all parts of a recurring event. For now, I have hidden it by default and thus disabled showing the check box in the first place, but it worked fine before. The strange part is that using the same checkbox works perfectly fine in the LIST view! I’ve tried in multiple browsers, multiple PC’s, after clearing cache, but to no avail!

– The search function doesn’t work anymore in the Picture view. For example, we have a ‘lego dag’. When I search for it using Picture view, nothing happens (all future events are shown). When I switch to the List view, searching for ‘lego’ perfectly works and shows the only one event containing the word ‘lego’.

Please fix this since I’d love to use the Picture view by default, but not while the search function isn’t working properly.

Thanks,

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for the report Hans. You are the first person to report this issue, but I am biw seeing it as well. This is absolutely something we will fix.

I just logged these two bugs. On Monday I will point our strategist to them so he can prioritize them appropriately.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I don’t have an ETA yet for when they will be fixed.

Cheers!

– Brook

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    Thanks for your reply.
    As we want to publish our calender at the end of upcoming week, it would be very cool if these bugs are fixed by the end of next week. Could you reply on Monday and give a (very) rough estimate on the fix time for these bugs?

Thanks,
    Hans

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Hans,

Sorry for the delayed response, your response was just brought to my attention today. I just discussed this issue with the team. Our lead developer is looking into including this with a 3.12.6 release. A release like that sometimes happens within a few days, usually within two weeks. So if this bug can get included in that version, that’s our likely timeframe.

I wish we could meet your deadline. But there is a lot that goes into each release and it takes a fair bit of time to get one ready. You understandably want this fixed before launching your site. I believe that this bug does not exist in 3.12. If you downgrade all plugins back to that version you should see it fixed right away. Would that work for now?

Cheers!

– Brook

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    I’ve read the KB item on downgrading and I’m a bit sceptical, how is deleting the plugin not clearing out any of my created events?
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

I don’t know if I’m willing to take the risk to loose everything I’ve allready added. Or can you assure me of the opposite? 🙂

Hans

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Hans,

The events themselves are stored in the database, not the folder. So it is quite safe to delete the folder. That said we and WordPress always recommends making backups before upgrading or downgrading, just to be doubly safe.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Does that help clarify?

Cheers!

– Brook

Geoff

Hey Hans, good news! We just released a patch for the Filter Bar issue and it’s available right now in The Events Calendar 3.12.6. Please update and feel free to hit us back up if any other issues pop up.

Thanks for your support while we worked on this!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘After last Event Calander upgrade I've found 2 issues’ is closed to new replies.