Advanced calendar widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Advanced calendar widget

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

It says this:
    “If you wish to customize the widget display yourself, see the file views/events-list-load-widget-display.php inside the Events Premium plugin.”

I want to change the order of how things are displayed. And I can edit the core. My question about that is… aren’t my changes going to be over-written each time I update the plugin?

Editing the core isn’t ideal IMO.

Rob

Hey Adam. I’m pretty sure you can update that .php file just like any others via a template override (so you avoided reverting your changes upon upgrade), but let me check with our dev to confirm that. Will post confirmation as soon as I’ve got it.

Adam
    Participant

You’re going to have to post some directions for that template override. I was able to modify the output a little by editing the events-list-load-widget-display.php file.

There are a number of other things I’d like to do to that widget to properly pimp it out. But to do that I’d need the ability to select a custom field via the widget. (Pretty please) Here’s ideally what the output would be.
    https://skitch.com/mclanecreative/gnms2/ecp-widget-dream

Thanks for your time. I have about 10 more sites that want this sucker next. So glad it’s out!

Hey Adam,

We are working on the template tag documentation first. Once that is out, the next thing I am going to do is get reid drunk and have him do a “Friday Beers with Reid” hackathon tutorial series on how to modify your theme with custom templates. Might be a couple weeks before those get out.

As for selecting a custom field, let me check with john on that. I’m pretty sure we have a template tag just for that, but upon looking real quick, I didn’t find it. I think John is out tomorrow, but I know he is working on it Saturday.

Adam
    Participant

OK, cool. I’m not in a big time rush. I am finishing up this one site to launch by 11/1. If that stuff comes I am convinced they can accept that the widget is a little buggy. I appreciate all the responsiveness.

Trust me, this site was using GigPress. You guys are way WAY ahead of that turd of a plugin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Advanced calendar widget’ is closed to new replies.