Admin slow after latest upgrade Events Calendar PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Admin slow after latest upgrade Events Calendar PRO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Christophe Rocour
    Participant

Two days ago I upgraded a number of plugins, one of them being Events Calendar PRO, which was working until Friday on the most recent version at that time. The new version is 4.4.24.1
    From that moment on the admin is extremely slow. Any request took three, four or five minutes. Quite annoying, of course.
    After trying all kinds of suggested solutions for two days I found out by excluding all plugins and activating them again that Events Calendar Pro seems to be the troublemaker. Even activating this plugin again took more than seven minutes.
    When it is not active the admin works well. When activated it is super slow, as stated above.

Solution?

Cliff

Hi, Edie. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

This isn’t currently a confirmed issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Please also provide a screenshot of your count of Venues from yoursite-com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_venue

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Sally Richardson
    Participant

I am very relieved to find this post. There is most definitely a problem and I have had exactly the same experience today. It has taken me nearly the whole day to figure out the source of the problem including restoring the site from yesterday. I too have – by process of elimination – got it down to the version ie is 4.4.24.1. Immediate and major problems as soon as it is upgraded to that version.

This is, as you will understand, extremely urgent but I will try to re-install the previous version.

Cliff

Sorry for the trouble, Sally.

Would both of you please provide the requested screenshot of a count of your Venues?

Sally Richardson
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Sally:

Yes, that helps. Thanks.

However, please create a new, separate thread and link back to this one, as you won’t be able to see your own Private Replies.

===

Edie:

Could you please share your screenshot count of Venues?

Thank you.

Nico

Hello,

Reaching out to let you know we released a hotfix for Events Calendar PRO that addresses the performance issues in the admin area. We are sorry about the issues caused and appreciate the patience while we worked a fix out.

Please update Events Caledar PRO to version 4.4.24.2 and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Release blog post → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-events-calendar-pro-4-4-24-2/

Best,
    Nico

Christophe Rocour
    Participant

Great, it works again like it did before.
    Thanks for the swift solution!

Cliff

Glad to hear and thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Admin slow after latest upgrade Events Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.