Admin menu links not showing up.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Admin menu links not showing up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Emu
    Participant

I have a strange problem.

We installed the plugin on a website and it works fine on our staging servers. I get all of the menu items “Events”, “Add New”, “Event Categories” etc.

However on our local development environments these don’t show up. We get ONLY “Settings”, “Help”, “Event Add-Ons”. Now the development and staging environments are a direct copy of each other. To the point where I dumped the dev database and restored it over staging (with URLs adjusted).

Further to this, the tabs under settings don’t work. We get a generic “Cannot load tribe-events-calendar.” message when trying to access “Template” for example. If I remove the post_type=tribe_events part of the URL these work okay.

We had a problem with the “Event Add-Ons” menu item, but then I set the WordPress proxy settings and that worked okay.

I guess my question is, does the addon work without access to the internet?

Cheers,
    Emu

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Emu,

Yes, the plugin will work fine without access to the internet. I do almost all my work locally and the plugin works great. I’m not sure why you are seeing this problem. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins and/or switching to the Twenty Eleven theme? Please verify this as there could be a conflict with one of those things. I would also suggest trying to reinstall both the core and PRO plugins as there may be files that were not copied correctly.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Emu
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

Yep we have done all that! But more importantly… it seems to be ONLY on the local machines. Making a direct copy of all files/database to our staging server (which isn’t behind our firewalls or proxy) means it works without a hitch.

Cheers,
    Emu

Emu
    Participant

We figured this out eventually. One of the plugins cached a bunch of items that still ran even when the plugin was disabled.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Emu

Jonah
    Participant

Got it Emu, glad you were able to figure it out.

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Admin menu links not showing up.’ is closed to new replies.