Admin locked out

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Admin locked out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    upgradetz
    Participant

With the community events plugin set to block the dashboard and roles Contributor, Subscriber, and Pending checked Admin level login is almost always locked out of the dashboard. I can login most of the time at wp-login.php but this does not always work either. Sometimes, after I am logged in as Admin, when I click “Users” or “Plugins” I get sent back to the home page. This seems to be intermittent even though that sounds impossible. I am not using the same theme as the others who have reported this problem and it does not appear to be theme related. Please, I need a resolution.

Casey
    Participant

Teri,
    Are you logging out every time before trying to login as another user? I know it’s possible to login as another user (before logging out) by going directly to wp-login.php. If that’s the case, then it’s possible you still have a lingering cookie from the previously logged-in user in your browser. My suggestion would be to always log out before switching to another user, but let me know if you’re already doing that so I can investigate further.

Thanks!

upgradetz
    Participant

Yes, I am logging out. I’m in the process of developing this site so I stay logged in pretty much 24/7. I log out only when I need to test the front end as a non-logged in user. When I go back to log into the dashboard as Admin is when I get locked out. It also happens intermittently (but much of the time) to my other Admin when he logs in from his location. I am finally able to log in at wp-login.php after many retries but am sometimes redirected when I click “Users” or “Plugins” (and sometimes other items) even after what seems to be a successful login but this too is intermittent. In this circumstance I can hit the back button to get back to the dashboard, then click on Events->Settings->Community-> and uncheck “Block Access”. Then both Admins can access everything on the dashboard. Eventually I need to recheck “Block Access” as per my client’s requirements and the problem happens again after a couple more log in attempts. I love the plugins; they do everything I need them to do but I very much need a permanent solution. Thanks much.

Casey
    Participant

Teri,
    This is definitely a unique use-case scenario, and one that we haven’t experienced often. As a workaround, you might think about using different browsers (or a private browsing session) for different users. I think this should resolve the issue you’re having, but let me know if you continue to experience this problem. Thanks!

upgradetz
    Participant

I think logging in at wp-login.php is going to work. I’ll get back to you if I still have a problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Admin locked out’ is closed to new replies.