Admin hooks or custom fields for admin pages?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Admin hooks or custom fields for admin pages?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Sands
    Participant

Are there any admin hooks to use to add custom field areas to the settings/display page? The field would be used on any particular template when get_field is called? Or are/is another method for doing so. This would act similar to the before/after HTML setting but we would call it as needed etc.

George
    Participant

Hey @Brendan!

There are a number of actions and filters in The Events Calendar’s admin. We are not able to help with code customizing and modifying and all of that, so you’ll have to mostly take the reins here and tinker around a bit, but here’s how to find hooks in our admin views:

1. Get a good code editor if you don’t already have one. There are free options, so just explore and find one good for you. I use and personally recommend Sublime Text. Just find one that has a “Find in Folder” feature.

2. Open up your plugin files for The Events Calendar.

3. Open your code editor’s “Find in Folder” feature so that you can perform a search on this folder:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/

4. In this folder, search for instances of do_action and apply_filters. These are the names of functions that run plugin actions or plugin filters, respectively.

I hope this helps! You mention the get_field function, but this function is one from Advanced Custom Fields; it is not from our plugins and so I unfortunately don’t have much insight on how well this would work in the admin and such (I’m sure it’d work fine).

For example, a hook that fires right above the events form in the wp-admin is tribe_events_eventform_top. And one at the bottom? tribe_events_details_bottom.

Use these methods, tinker around a bit, and let me know if you have any further questions. I’ll do my best to help within the limits of our customization/coding policy, and can help point you in the right direction for further development.

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Admin hooks or custom fields for admin pages?’ is closed to new replies.