Admin filters to just display upcoming events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Admin filters to just display upcoming events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mindshare
    Participant

Hello there,

I might end up writing my own function/plugin for this but wanted to reach out to you first.

Goal: A easy way to view only upcoming events in the admin section.

I have installed your advanced post manager plugin, it works fine for making a new filter anytime you like, but there is no default “today’s date” so its extra steps. Would be nice to have a savable filter that was like all events after time() before time().

After testing that out I started writing my own plugin to add a filter dropdown for the admin posts to add a meta query for past and future events. I got most of the way there but your events,min.css styles actually hide the update filter input button. i know I could overwrite the plugin styles but just got annoyed and thought i would reach out to see if this is a feature you have considered adding or if you have a better direction for me to take.

.events-cal #post-query-submit, .events-cal .tablenav select[name=m] {
    display: none;
    }

Thank you!

George
    Participant

Thanks for reaching out, @mindshare.

It’s true that our plugins — neither on their own or with Advanced Post Manger — have the specific sort of admin view you’re describing here.

We cannot help with custom coding, and don’t have plans to implement this sort of filter at this time, so unfortunately, to implement the features you describe you would have to write that custom code or hire a professional developer to do it for you. We have a list of great developers here → http://m.tri.be/18k1 (and have no affiliation with any of these folks—they’re simply some well-respected names in the community that we’ve compiled to share in situations like this one).

I’m sorry about this being a bit harder to attain than it might have first seemed. I encourage you to please post this idea to our UserVoice page here → http://tribe.uservoice.com

↑ Other users can “vote” on ideas on that page, which helps us make product decisions — and so if a lot of people request this feature, for example, it could indeed end up in our plugins some day despite the lack of current plans to do so.

Please let me know what you think here, if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with!

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Admin filters to just display upcoming events’ is closed to new replies.