Admin access to WP-admin blocked / login screen redirects to wp-admin if failed

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Admin access to WP-admin blocked / login screen redirects to wp-admin if failed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    infosws
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having a similar issue to the one reported here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/block-access-to-wordpress-dashboard-locks-the-admin-out/

I’ve set my site up so that users who can create events are given the ‘subscriber’ role in WP. In the settings for Community Events I’ve ticked ‘block access to WordPress Dashboard\’ and have ticked the ‘Subscriber’ checkbox underneath.

This leads to my first problem. When I try and access /wp-admin when I’m not logged in as a subscriber, I am still being redirected to the home page. Your advice in the other thread I’ve linked to was to use /wp-login.php – but if I can do this surely it defies the point of this ‘blocking access to wp-admin’ feature as any subscriber can also do this?

My second issue is to do with the front end login form for event creaters. If the login button is clicked without entering any details, or the login details are entered incorrectly, the user is taken to the main wp-admin login screen. Is there anyway of keeping them on the front end login screen instead?

Kind Regards.

infosws
    Participant

Hi,

We’ve opted to remove the restrictions on wp-admin and keep it all open, so the issues I’ve raised above no longer apply.

Sorry to have wasted anyone’s time (although the issues still exist within the plugin).

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey infosws,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We’ll check it out for an upcoming maintenance release.

If this becomes more of a concern for you, please come back and start a new thread. But it sounds like you’ve got this under control at the moment, so I’m going to go ahead and close this one.

— Julie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Admin access to WP-admin blocked / login screen redirects to wp-admin if failed’ is closed to new replies.