Adjust the expiry criteria

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Adjust the expiry criteria

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    btellock
    Participant

Quick pre-sale questions:
    Is there a way to adjust the expiring criteria for events or is there a known plugin that works with TEC Pro to achieve this? Thank you in advance for any insight into this.

Cheers,

-B

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey btellock,

Expiring criteria? Can you elaborate on what you mean by that?

– Julie

btellock
    Participant

Hey Julie,

Our client is looking for possibilities to control when an event is removed from the list view and widget. Out of the box, when an event start time is reached the event is removed from the widget and list view. Is there a way to adjust this, or is there a plugin that is known (auto expire post, etc.) to give more control over this, i.e. the “event’s expiration”.

Thanks!

-B

Leah

Hi btellock,

Thanks for elaborating. There isn’t a built-in way to adjust when an event disappears from the widget or moves to the Past Events part of the calendar Views. It may be possible with some customization, but I can’t be sure. I’m not aware of any third-party plugins, but you might try experimenting with other plugins coupled with our free core plugin. Usually plugins that are compatible with The Events Calendar and also compatible with our premium Events Calendar PRO.

One plugin that may be helpful (although it’s a little different from what you’re describing here) is The Events Calendar Housekeeper which allows you to easily and automatically delete old events from your database. It’s particularly useful for if you have a lot of events and need to clean up and organize the backend of your site.

Does that answer your question? Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help out.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adjust the expiry criteria’ is closed to new replies.