Adjust address format

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Adjust address format

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Arthur Zetes
    Participant

Hey guys,

I live in Japan, and all my events are in Japan. The japanese address format is opposite of America. This means that, when I put in an address in an event, it shows up in the american format, which is really confusing and doesnt render the google map correctly.

Is there a way to adjust the format of addresses for events so that they match the standards of other countries?

thanks

Patricia

Hey Arthur,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It’s certainly possible to customize the address format! The first thing to do here is review our Themer’s Guide which covers the basics for safely overriding and customizing our templates.

You can recreate an entirely new address module by doing a template override, and placing a address.php file in a tribe-events/modules/ directory within your theme directory, which will override the default file on plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/address.php.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Arthur Zetes
    Participant

Hey patricia, thanks for your help.

I adjusted the code and added it to “/themes/(my theme’s name)/tribe-events”

so the address now is “themes/(my theme’s name)/tribe-events/address.php”

but it doesn’t seem to make any changes. what do you think the issue could be?

This is the code i adjusted below

<span class="tribe-postal-code"></span>

&lt;abbr class=&quot;tribe-region tribe-events-abbr&quot; title=&quot;"&gt;</abbr>

<br>

<span class="tribe-locality"></span>

<br>

<span class="tribe-country-name"></span>

Patricia

Hi Arthur,

In themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/, please create a new directory called modules and move your address.php file to it, everything should work as expected after this change!

Basically, the correct path is:

themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/modules/address.php

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Adjust address format’ is closed to new replies.