AddToCart on Event List Page + Default Tix Amount

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus AddToCart on Event List Page + Default Tix Amount

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

Hello, good day!

I’m looking to achieve 3 things:

1. On the events listing page (where it lists all events) I’d like to have a single “click to purchase 1 ticket” button. This eliminates the need to click into the single events page and then scroll down all the way to purchase, which brings me to…

2. The “Add To Cart” section on the single events page is below the venue information, which is below the event/organizer details, which is below the event description … basically, it’s way too low. We’ve had complaints from customers that people can’t find where to purchase the tickets. Is there a way to move the “Add To Cart” section above the event description?

3. This is a minor one, but it would be nice to have the default tickets selected to “1”, not “0” – again, this eliminates an extra few clicks.

I’ve browsed support docs as well as all of the plugin options and was not able to locate solutions for any of the above. If there’s no easy solution for either of these, would it be possible to somehow modify the plugin code in such a way that won’t be overwritten when I update the plugin in the future?

Thanks for any help!

Sean
    Participant

Fixed issue #3 by changing ‘input_value’ to ‘1’ in tickets.php line 50. Unfortunately will have to do this after each update.

Still working hard to find a solution for the other two. I see in tickets.php where it outputs the Add To Cart form, but not sure how to append that output above event description on single event page.

Sean
    Participant

Fixed #2 by moving do_action(‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’) in single-event.php line 80 (in parent plugin theme files) to line 58 right above event description & below do_action(‘tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content’).

This would be a great checkbox option in plugin settings “Display purchase tickets above event description”.
    Screenshot of how it looks now — https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mjy3fuxr1ttwsy/Screenshot%202015-06-04%2011.02.40.png?dl=0

The “Add To Cart” functionality is, of course, this website’s biggest call to action, so it’s only fitting that it should be at the top catching the attention of the customers ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sean
    Participant

I fixed #1 by adding do_action(โ€˜tribe_events_single_event_after_the_metaโ€™) to /views/list/single-event.php on line 62. To make room for this I commented out the venue_details section. Now a nice “Add to Cart” link appears on the event list page, which is a nice one-click-purchase option.

So, support team, take what inspiration you can from my problem-solving ๐Ÿ˜‰ My biggest suggestion would be to add an option to move the Purchase Tickets section above the event description on single event page, since it’s kinda hidden down below by default.

Thanks!

Geoff

Nice work, Sean! I appreciate you taking the time to not just following up on your thread, but to share your solutions as well. We’ll take some inspiration from this for sure, as I’m sure others in the community will. ๐Ÿ™‚

You seem to know what you’re doing, though I will caution against future plugin updates. I’d recommend deactivating automatic updates if you have them enabled and fully test and backup your work before making any updates to prevent losing any hard-won work here. I’m sure you know that, but I’d hate to not mention it.

I’ll go ahead and close this up, but thanks again for reaching out and sharing!

Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘AddToCart on Event List Page + Default Tix Amount’ is closed to new replies.