Address line 1 and 2 joining

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Address line 1 and 2 joining

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just imported an event from event brite and noticed address line 1 and 2 have merged.

In Eventbrite they are listed as:
    Level 1
    1 Smith Street

but it carries across to wordpress as :
    Level 11 Smith Street

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Natasha,

I would love to help you figure this out. The truth is we basically just don’t support Address 2 boxes beyond concatenating them to the first address. We should definitely throw a space between them, and i can see a similar problem as you that there is no space. But, we do not have a separate field for Address 2 nor is any other part of our plugin setup to handle one. If you would like a separate field it would need to be a feature request: UserVoice (feature suggestion page for The Events Calendar)

As far as immediate solutions go, could you add a space after Level 1 ? Or perhaps put the full address on one line, and use any separator your prefer to separate the two parts?

Cheers!

– Brook

Natasha
    Participant

Hi Brook, thanks for your reply, I’ve left the event in eventbrite as two lines but the entry it created in wordpress I’ve edited with a space. I definitely think you should drop a space in between as it imports, and I’ll add the two line address as a feature request.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for your understanding Natasha! I am happy that solution works for now.

I just brought this up today on our scrum. I asked the team if they thought we we should add an address line 2 to our plugin or simply throw a space between the two. Most everyone felt we should throw in the second address line. So that’s good news! Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. You’d be surprised at how rare it is to use multilines, this was the first instance we had hit.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and give you an update. While we weren’t able to get this feature into our upcoming 4.2 release, it is still on our list of ideas to implement in future releases.

We appreciate your patience, and we will be sure to update this thread when we have more news. Thank you for your continued support, and keep an eye out for version 4.2 coming in the next few weeks!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Nico

Hey Natasha,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 12th June 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-12th-june-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Address line 1 and 2 joining’ is closed to new replies.