Address fields not accurate enough on maps?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Address fields not accurate enough on maps?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, I am using the latest version 3.9.1 and basically the geolocation of venues is simply not accurate. For example this is one venue showing up on my site: http://www.kinsale.ie/venue/bulman-bar-restaurant/ and you can see the map there with actually the wrong address. The correct google address is this here: https://www.google.ie/maps/place/The+Bulman+Bar+%26+Restaurant/@51.70009,-8.499711,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4844621b91d172c9:0x2941836439886113

As you can see the address has been verified and inserted into google and is way way off when it comes to the site then. Can there not be away for us to move the marker on the map to get a more accurate address here?

Right now no matter what address I put in, I cannot get it to within 500meters or 1km of the actual real address. if you have events all over a city or town for example you need them to be accurate or else its a little pointless frankly so any tips on how to get this more accurate would be much appreciated. This is a major issue here so I will stay on this thread as long as it takes and if you need access to the site please let me know. Thanks in advance.

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Let me answer my own question with this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/event-rocket/ which adds in coordinate fields into the venue area and allows a little more accuracy here. It would be nice to see this in the native pro plugin of course as a more elegant way of doing this.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Sorry for the issues you are having. Glad you found Event Rocket as that does have a way to edit the coordinates directly and would be my suggestion to use.

We get those coordinates from Google directly after sending them the address, however, outside of the United States sometimes Google has issues.

We are working to integrate the feature to modify the coordinates without using Event Rocket and hope to have that in an upcoming release.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Great look forward to the update Brian. It needs it for those of use outside the US 😉

Brian
    Keymaster

Sounds good.

I am going to add this thread to our feature ticket and we will then update this ticket when we release that feature.

For now I am closing this out as there is nothing more we can do here, but if you have any other issues related to this or something new, please create a new one.

Thanks

Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Address fields not accurate enough on maps?’ is closed to new replies.