Additional templates/styles for calendar view, event list view, single event etc

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Additional templates/styles for calendar view, event list view, single event etc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi guys

The calendar is great, however the ‘out of the box’ views for calendar, event list view and single event view are pretty bland and will always require a fair bit of work styling them.

As an additional service to your paying customers (perhaps only offer it to PRO customers), it would be great to have some extra sample views and stylesheets (templates) that we could use for inspiration, or even to choose from, in order to reduce the amount of work we have to do to integrate into a clients site.

Cheers

Rob

Hey Mike. Thanks for the heads up. This raises a good point. Were you looking for something along the lines of loop examples or template tags? Have you checked out our Documentation page ( https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation ), which we just updated with some more materials today? Let me know if that’s not what you had in mind…we’re definitely looking to build out our docs based on what folks want, so we’re all ears 🙂

Mike
    Participant

Hi Rob

I’m thinking one step further (or higher, if you like) than template tags and loop examples.

I mean, combining those together into pre-built ‘themes’ that come with their own ‘views’ and ‘stylesheets’ that you can chuck into your theme/events directory.

Have some nice designs with different ways of displaying the data, so people can either:
    a) Use them as is
    b) Get inspiration from them
    c) Take bits and pieces from the ones they like to fit into their own WP themes.

It would be great for people who aren’t designers or coders, to be able to style and change the look and feel of their calendar views by grabbing some pre-build themes/examples.

Cheers

Sheila
    Participant

I’d like to second Mike’s suggestion. As a designer (non-coder) and new to ECP I’m a bit overwhelmed with all it’s taking to make the simplest customizations. Right now I’d be happy if the out-of-the-box ECP would just use my site’s basic styles for p, h1, etc. I’m wading through the enormous CSS trying to figure which items I need to customize. This is definitely not designer-friendly.

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, folks. I know that we’re going to change the templating structure a bit for 2.1 to make integration easier (as this has been a common complaint the past few weeks), but I can definitely see value in what you’re suggesting here. Let me run it by the team so we can discuss the best way to get going on something along these lines. Feel free to drop any other suggestions into the thread as they come to mind…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional templates/styles for calendar view, event list view, single event etc’ is closed to new replies.