additional information for venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO additional information for venue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    carosch
    Participant

Hello,

I need to display some additional information for venue.

I need an email and a facebook link.

How can I do that ?

Carosch

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Carosch!

Are you trying to display this info on the single venue pages or in other events views on your site? We do have a free extension coming out shortly that will allow you to add additional fields to events. I’ve linked this thread to our internal ticket for this, so as soon as this is released, we’ll let you know here.

In the meantime, we do have a guide here with some code snippets that you can use to add custom fields. Can you give this a try and let me know if it gets you what you’re looking for?

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to try to point you in the right direction!

If email and social links are the only things you need to add, you might also try using a third-party plugin social sharing plugin (this article has an overview of some of the options out there).

Thanks,

Jennifer

carosch
    Participant

Hello,

I will try this code snippets.
    But I don’t really understand in which file I must past it.

For venue.php, is it the
    the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta/venue.php file?
    or
    the-events-calendar/src/views/embed/venue.php file?
    or
    the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Venue.php file ?
    or
    the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php file?

I haven’t find the fields.php file and the page.php file neither.

Perhaps I must only past all the snippets into the function.php file in my child theme?

Please, help me to understand

Caroline

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Caroline,

I just did a quick test on my end using the functions.php file of my child theme, and that seemed to be working well for me – can you give this a try and let me know if this works for you as well?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘additional information for venue’ is closed to new replies.