Additional Fields text hyper link?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Additional Fields text hyper link?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nigel Hewett

With the PRO version and additional fields can i add a text field and use it so, when i create an event i enter a URL on the custom field, and then when vlewing the event it show as a clickable hyper link?

is this possible or will it just display the test as text?

Thanks

Geoff

Hey Nigel — hope you’re having a great day!

That’s a good question. The additional fields in Events Calendar PRO do include a text field and that field does accept HTML markup. So, in other words, you could enter a link into that custom field and it would output as a clickable link on the front end.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Nigel Hewett

Thanks, thats great news, would it also honour theme short codes too? ie add an icon before the html link like:

[x_icon type=”file-text”] Bobs PDF

Nigel

Geoff

Interesting! I’m afraid shortcodes would not be respected in those fields. You can, however, add a shortcode to the events template using a template override, if you would like to include a shortcode on every event — or add the shortcode to the event post description and it will be respected there.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi Nigel, I see my earlier reply was marked as the correct answer. I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please let us know if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional Fields text hyper link?’ is closed to new replies.