Additional Fields in CSV Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Additional Fields in CSV Import

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Henry
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the Events Calendar Pro, and am uploading events (we are using this to display training courses) in a CSV. I have added an additional field “Duration”, which is just a text field I use to store a short string like “10 Weeks” or something similar – this appears correctly both in the the Calendar admin, and in the main listings

Problem is that when I attempt to upload a CSV and map the columns in my CSV to the the fields, the Duration Field is not listed in the drop-down selector. This defeats the object of using the CSV import if I then have to manually edit each entry – Is there any way round this? The ability to add extra fields to the database was one of the main reason why I went for the Pro version…

Cheers – Henry

George
    Participant

Hey Henry,

The “out-of-the-box” CSV importer, which is included even in the free version of The Events Calendar, is a pretty powerful little importer for something that’s included in the plugin directly – but it does definitely have some limitations, and by default it will not pick up extra custom fields or auto-detect how to import them or their related columns.

I’m curious, how have you added these additional fields, specifically? Are you using the “Additional Fields” section of the Events Calendar PRO admin area? Or have you been manually adding the custom fields with code or in the “edit-event” screen?

Henry
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for the prompt response – Yes, I added the additional field with the “Additional Fields” section of the Events Calendar PRO admin area.

Are there any plans to incorporate additional field names into the CSV Importer? – that would be really handy!

Cheers – Henry

George
    Participant

Hey Henry,

As of now, at least for the next release and the one immediately after that, there aren’t specific plans for adding the features you mentioned – but I’m curious, you mention being able to use the Additional Fields section, was this helpful for you? Did it resolve your issues?

Let us know!

Thanks,
    George

Karl
    Participant

I ended up here now too, the importer really needs to have the ability to import the additional fields. I’m handling large amounts of data with data such as imageurl, age, tablebooking and event status and doing them all by hand will be a nightmare…

Is there a quick hack I could do to the TribeEventsImporter_Plugin.php or ecp-events-importer.php to solve this?

George
    Participant

Hey Karl,

Unfortunately, the things I shared with Henry remain true at this time, and there is not simple code we could write or share for your specific needs here. The best option I can think of is to explore other CSV import/export options – I’m genuinely sorry about how disappointing any of this might be, and while we don’t recommend any specific CSV import/export plugin, there are many out there.

If you spend some time searching for a good CSV import/export plugin, that handles custom meta and other sorts of data, hopefully you’ll find a usable solution.

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional Fields in CSV Import’ is closed to new replies.