Additional Fields: Column for the name in the backend

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Additional Fields: Column for the name in the backend

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

Would it be a good idea to add a column with the field names in the backend for the additional fields?

I collect some of my data from a database in which there are some of the same field identifiers for the organizer and venue. In order to be able to differentiate them in the assignment, I would like to give these identifiers a different title than that in the frontend appears

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Marcus,

I don’t fully understand what you described. Could you share some more details with me, maybe some screenshots or mockups to help me better understand?

Thanks!

Andras

Marcus
    Participant

Hello Andràs!

Thx for your Answer. I’ll try to explain it

In the menu of the events calendar pro there is the tab ‘Additional Fields’. There you enter the names of the fields, which are contained for example in CSV files to be imported.

For example, in my case:

organizer_street
    organizer_postcode
    organizer_plcace
    organizer_country
    organizer_telephone
    veranstalter_email
    veranstalter_internet

venue_street
    venue_postcode
    venue_place
    venue_country
    venue_telephone
    venue_email
    venue_internet

Since I only have one column ‘Field Label’ in the backend, I have to enter the complete name, for example organizer Street and Venue Street, to be able to assign the fields correctly.

Thus the field names appear in the frontend as well. But there I would like to have only street, postal code, etc.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the explanation, now I fully understand.

Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to manually set the field names in an easy way. They are generated automatically and it is not possible to change them through the interface.

I believe it should be possible to change them if you dig in the database.

The additional fields are saved in the wp_options table, where the option name is ‘tribe_events_calendar_options’.

The data is serialized and contains also other TEC settings, so you need to be careful when changing that.

I was checking around a bit on the net and found a nice serializer / unserializer tool:

You can take the value of ‘tribe_events_calendar_options’ and unserialize it.

Change the field names.

Then run that code through the serialilzer.

Update the code in the database.

I hope this helps.

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Note, when you change the fields again in the admin, i.e. add a new field, then your changes in the database will be overwritten.

A.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional Fields: Column for the name in the backend’ is closed to new replies.