Additional Field Placement

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Additional Field Placement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Annie Tandy
    Participant

I added an additional field called “Region” and would like to move it up in the form, above the date. Is that possible? It needs to be in a more prominent place so it’s selected towards the top.

Thanks,
    Annie

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Annie,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to make sure I understand, could you please clarify if you are looking to move the field on the event edit screen or move where the field displays on the front end?

I would recommend starting by taking a look at ourĀ themer’s guide, which has some great info on customizing our plugins.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Annie Tandy
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I want to move the field on the event edit screen. It’s an important selection and I don’t want it to be overlooked.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Annie,

So sorry for the delayed response here, it looks like the thread status wasn’t updated when you replied and wasn’t showing up on my end – sorry about that!

You can move the additional fields section by adding the following to the functions.php file of your child theme:

// Move additional fields section to top of event edit screen
    function tribe_remove_additional_fields() {
    remove_action( 'tribe_events_details_table_bottom', 'Tribe__Events__Pro__Custom_Meta::single_event_meta' );
    }
    add_action( 'tribe_events_details_table_bottom', 'tribe_remove_additional_fields', 5 );
    add_action( 'tribe_events_eventform_top', 'Tribe__Events__Pro__Custom_Meta::single_event_meta' );

If you’d like to highlight the field further, you could add some CSS to change the background/font color, etc (see screenshot):

#event-meta tr:nth-child(2) {
    background-color: #cccccc;
    }

Apologies again for the delay! Please let me know if that helps or if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional Field Placement’ is closed to new replies.