Additional Field I set Up doesn’t Appear as Filter Option

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Additional Field I set Up doesn’t Appear as Filter Option

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Melanie
    Participant

I have set up a Filter with Drop Down option called Discover Edition but it’s not appearing on the Calendar online

2017-05-23_1608

Ithink it should be otherwise what’s the point of setting it up?

Cliff

Hi, Melanie.

Please go to wp-admin > Events > Settings > Filters tab > and check the box next to your PRO Additional/Custom Field to add it to Filter Bar.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Melanie
    Participant

I’ve already ticked the appropriate box in the Filter option Discover Edition (dropdown box) as you can see on this snapshot
    2017-05-24_0840

but as you can see on the calendar online the Discover Edition Filter does not appear

http://discovermagazines.co.uk/solent/whatson/

Please advise if I am doing something wrong?

Cliff

Melanie, sorry for the delay here.

Could you please send me a screenshot of the settings from your Additional Fields tab?

And also try a different field type and see if that works.

Melanie
    Participant

I realised that none of my events had the custom fields selected so the filters didn’t appear with the calendar. So I edited one of my events to fill the custom field and it showed. Perhaps it’s helpful to point this out on the short instruction under the set up of custom fields. i know it’s obivous but the penny would have dropped if i’d read that as a reminder that this is what the problem was.

Cliff

I’m glad you got it figured out, and thanks for that feedback.

I’ve updated https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-filter-bar/#additional-fields accordingly.

Please let me know if you have any additional feedback.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional Field I set Up doesn’t Appear as Filter Option’ is closed to new replies.