Adding Ticket Description to Email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding Ticket Description to Email

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wickedsimple
    Participant

hi there,

I want the ticket description to show up on the ticket that the person receives. I have read the Themer’s guide and I think I have successfully copied the email.php file to my new subdirectory (wp-content/themes/themename/tribe-events). My question is what do I actually edit on the email.php to get the description to appear on the ticket? I have read through some documentation and it’s confusing to me.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Donna

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

Thanks for going through the steps of the themer’s guide trying to get this to work. I can help you get unstuck here and hopefully less confused.

You have moved over the correct file to your theme from there the process is going to be adding to the table to display the description.

Since you have Pro you could create a Ticket Description Additional Field then add that to the template in a new row of the table as the description.

If you create that additional field and still would like some help placing it in the template, please let me know what you called it and I can help on the next step.

Thanks

wickedsimple
    Participant

Thanks so much, Brian. I created two additional fields: one is named Price and the other is Description. Where do I place these in the email.php file?
    Thank you!!

Donna

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I came up with some coding that you can add to the email.php

I have done some tests and it shows additional fields for me with the same labels you have. If you change the labels, you will have to change the coding.

Not sure how the styling is going to work out, so you will have to play around with it to get it how you would like it and in the location you would like as well.

But to get the fields in all you have to do is drop the coding in with the other tables on the email.php file you moved to your theme.

http://pastebin.com/QSc7Sp6h

Let me know if you have an errors with the coding.

Thanks

wickedsimple
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Thank you! I did that and did a test purchase and unfortunately, the fields did not show up on the ticket. I have the email.php file in tribe-events/email.php. Should I have the email.php in tribe-events/tickets/email.php instead?

Donna

Brian
    Keymaster

Donna,

Please try adding it to the yourtheme/tribe-events/tickets/email.php

Then the coding should show.

Let me know if that works.

wickedsimple
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    It’s still not working for me. Oh well!
    Donna

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that. I think you are close, may take some more testing to get to work.

Since there is not much else we can do here I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Ticket Description to Email’ is closed to new replies.