Adding Ticket Description to Email Notification

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding Ticket Description to Email Notification

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christian Thomson
    Participant

Hi there Tribe team.
    I’d like to be able to include more details about the Event in the Notification Email that gets sent to the customer when they make a purchase (using WC Tickets).
    Since we have lots of tickets related to Courses, I’d like the Notification Email to display the Event Date/Time, or even the Event Name, or the Ticket description.
    I’ve already contacted WooCommerce and they asked if there is a shortcode or a way to easily include the event information (name, date, or ticket description, etc) in the order confirmation emails as is.
    Could you please help me with that? I really appreciate it.
    Thanks!
    Cintia

Josh
    Participant

Hello marwickmarketing,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If you would like to add the information to the ticket, you can follow the Themer’s Guide to copy the views -> tickets -> email.php file into your theme and add the needed information directly to the ticket.

However, it sounds like you’re looking to integrate with the WooCommerce generated email and adding event details to those emails? You can get the information about events using built-in functions such as “tribe_get_event_title()“. You can find these functions for any information that you need within the documentation. If you start searching for “tribe_get_event_” within the search bar, you should see most of the functions that you’ll need.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Christian Thomson
    Participant

Hi Josh, thanks for the reply.
    Isn’t WooCommerce Tickets a plugin that requires WooCommerce to work? I looked for Email Notifications within the Events Calendar plugin Settings, but I couldn’t find anything. It looks like the only option is the WooCommerce emails. However, I did find the email.php file under The Events Calendar > Views > Tickets. Could you please show me how to use the Tickets email option? I’ve googled and couldn’t find instructions.
    But if I were to still add the event description to the WooCommerce email, then how would I go about that? Would a custom query work in the email template? Would it pull the_content from the loop, do I need to write a special function?

query_posts('post_type' => 'tribe_events') ;
    include('loop.php');

I appreciate your patience. Thanks for helping!
    Cintia

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Cintia,

Josh is out today so I am going to take over here.

Yes WooCommerce Tickets requires both The Events Calendar and WooCommerce to work. WooCommerce handles the entire payment process our plugin only creates the tickets.

Does this explanation of the emails make sense:

WooCommerce order Email
    This one “Order Confirmation Email:” Is sent by WooCommerce

You can use this hook to add information there: (it is the same one we use to add our message)

woocommerce_email_after_order_table

Tickets Email
    This is controlled by The Events Calendar with WooCommerce Tickets so this file:

plugins/the-events-calendar/views/tickets/email.php

Noting it lives in the core plugin – The Events Calendar – rather than WooCommerce Tickets. Like other templates it can be overridden by placing a copy in:

themes/your-theme/tribe-events/tickets/email.php

Let me know and I can try to help some, but I am limited on how much support I can provide on a customization.

Thanks

PS – Moved this to the WooCommerce Tickets Forum

Christian Thomson
    Participant

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I still need help though.
    I am trying to create a function to hook into “woocommerce_email_after_order_table”, and wondering how I can retrieve the event id and ticket id of the ordered product within that function. Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Ticket Description to Email Notification’ is closed to new replies.