Adding some language to the ticket body

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Adding some language to the ticket body

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christian Chemaly
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the plugin to sell tickets over the AFLMT website.

The tickets is at $100, $200 and $500 out of which $25 will go as participation cost and the rest will be a donation to the non-profit.
    I would like therefore to update the ticket by adding that this is also a receipt for a donation in the amount of (X * $75 + Y * $175 + Z* $475) as well as some text stating that the AFLMT is a non-profit organisation blablabla.

I tried working on the php code of the email, but I ended up messing up the whole process by making incorrect changes.
    Any feedback will be useful.

Chris

Christian Chemaly
    Participant

I am making slow progress.

I am now able to edit the email with static content.
    What I still need is
    1) to find the right function that returns the price of the ticket for each row. I wasn’t able to find it in the documentation, but I would suppose it is something like moderntribe_get_ticket_price()
    That should be an easy answer to get I hope.

I think that I could get away without knowing the number of tickets and use the ticket loop to make an addition of the prices.

2) make the calculation based on the number of tickets and the price tickets, to return the total donation. That’s more php that plugin related, so if I make it past the first stop, I’ll check also on a php forum (and will update you guys too obviously)

Thanks!
    Chris

Christian Chemaly
    Participant

I thought of using the $ticket fieldset to display the price, but wasn’t able to find it.

I scratched my head a bit harder, and figured out that the ticket price is actually pulled from woo-commerce, since the ticket is considered a woo-commerce product.

My current thought is to use the woo-commerce order email, and customize it to send a second email, following the tickets, with the donation receipt.

Not sure how this is going to work. Again – any help is always welcome.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Chris!

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you with that.

First, please note we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much as we can.

We have a great article about customizing our templates here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Could you please let us know exactly which templates are you trying to customize and tell us what information you want to add to each of them? You can send us a screenshot and the code you are using to achieve that. With that information I’ll take a look and try to help as much possible.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding some language to the ticket body’ is closed to new replies.