Adding Single Events to My Homepage

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Adding Single Events to My Homepage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Gallimore

Hi,

I am interested in adding single events to my homepage. That is, I want to be able to schedule an event to appear within a box on the homepage and when that event has been and gone I want the next event to appear in its place.

I am not a developer and I am using the OptimizePress 2.o theme.

My question is. Can I arrange this and what is the level of complexity? I have looked at some of your documentation and that seems to suggest that I might need to add folders in my theme directory and possibly then get involved with PHP?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Jami
    Blocked

Hey Paul,

Thanks for checking out the Events Calendar! There are a few ways you could go about accomplishing that but I think the simplest way, without having to dive into the code, would be to look into using the Event Rocket plugin. This plugin works alongside the Events Calendar Pro to give you access to shortcodes which you can place in any page of your site.

Have a look at the FAQ page which gives some examples of the types of content you can display with the shortcodes. I think displaying a specific category might do the trick here.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help with anything else.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Paul,

I haven’t heard back from you in a while here so I’m going to close the thread. Please feel free to open a new one if we can help with anything else though!

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Brook
    Participant

This thread is getting archived.

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Single Events to My Homepage’ is closed to new replies.