adding new fields to Community Events form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events adding new fields to Community Events form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    karenk
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using Community Events with Events Calender (not PRO).

I have two questions.
    1. I would like to know how I can add a field to the Community Events form that users have to fill out when submitting an event.
    2. How do you make fields into required fields?

Thanks in advance,
    Karen

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

For the existing Community Events fields, you can change which fields are required by adding some custom code – we have some examples here. To add new fields, the simplest solution would be to use the additional fields that come with Events Calendar Pro, as these will be added to the Community form as well. Otherwise, you would need to do a template override to add them to the event submission template (found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php).

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to try to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

karenk
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.

Is it also possible to remove fields that are in the standard forms for adding an (community) event?

Best regards,
    Karen

karenk
    Participant

I mean in the Events Calendar Pro additional fields option or can this be done another way?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

Removing fields is a bit easier 🙂

The simplest way would be to hide them with CSS, but if you truly want to remove them, then you could do a template override of the custom.php template found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules. If there are other fields that you want to remove besides Pro’s additional fields, then you can remove the calls to those templates in your copy of edit-event.php. For example, if you wanted to remove the featured image, then you would delete this line:

<?php tribe_get_template_part( 'community/modules/image' ); ?>

If you need help with either of these methods, then please send me a link to your event submission page and let me know which fields you would like to customize – I’ll be happy to take a look and see what I can recommend!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘adding new fields to Community Events form’ is closed to new replies.