Adding Multiple "Add to Cart" Button

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding Multiple "Add to Cart" Button

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paula
    Participant

We have multiple schedules for an event in a day. On the single event page, there’s only one “Add to Cart” button located in the bottom. As we have a long list of schedule available to choose from, the shopper needs to scroll all the way to the bottom to locate the “Add to Cart” button. Is it possible to edit wootickets/tickets.php file in order to have the button for every event schedule? I attached an image and the area with a yellow is where we would like to add it.

Cliff

Hi, Paula.

Thanks for the screenshot; it really helped.

The reason for the Add to Cart button at the bottom is so a user could add more than one type of ticket to the cart, like 1 of Ticket A, 2 of Ticket B, and zero of Ticket C.

Are you saying you’d like people to only be able to buy 1 type of ticket per event?

FYI: The “Add to cart” button comes from this file: /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Paula
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the reply. We just want it to be more convenient for people who wants to purchase only one type of ticket. But we don’t want to remove the existing “Add to Cart” button on the bottom part which allows people to purchase more than one type of ticket.

Is having these two types of “Add to cart” button okay? Thanks!

Cliff

Thanks for clarifying, Paula.

This really does fall into the realm of custom coding.

I appreciate your question and the desire to customize it for your use. However, we cannot provide such in-depth customization help, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

If there’s a code snippet you’d like me to put some eyes on or something else I can help you with, please update this ticket or create a new ticket if it’s a separate issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Paula
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your response. I have a clarification. If we custom-code then we update eventually, we will lose our custom codes, right? Thanks.

Cliff

You shouldn’t ever modify the plugin core files (for exactly that reason).

You could use an action or filter hook or a template override / Themer’s Guide.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Multiple "Add to Cart" Button’ is closed to new replies.