Adding Label to Organizer fields – REDUX

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Adding Label to Organizer fields – REDUX

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mad Dog
    Participant

I had a support issue here (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/add-required-label-to-organizer-fields/#post-1096614) and was told that in the new update 4.1.1 it was fixed. I might be in a rush and zoning out, but changing organizer-fields.php isn’t doing anything. In fact, changing that file in the plugin isn’t doing anything either! Am I zoning out or is there a different file that’s controlling the organizer meta box called from organization.php (which is in turn called from edit-event.php)?

Thanks,
    Mad Dog

Nico

Hi Mad Dog,

Thanks for following up on this! I can see this in the release notes as fixed. I went into the associated ticket and found the solution implemented was to create a new placeholder template called organizer-multiple.php (located at the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/) to override the contents of the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/new-organizer-meta-section.php. Please locate the new template file and read the instructions in it.

Thanks,
    Nico

Mad Dog
    Participant

Thanks Nico. I’ve got it sorted out but I have to say, this is the most complicated, odd templating addition. All the others are “copy this file to the proper location in your child theme and make your changes.” This is a lot of work just to add two small “required” notes after two field labels! Venue and Custom fields were simple….what happened with this one? (:})

Nico

Hey Mad Dog,

Thanks for confirming! I have to agree with you, this is not the simplest approach for your case. But it provides flexibility for some other edge cases that might arise within our user base.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Label to Organizer fields – REDUX’ is closed to new replies.