Adding Hyperlinks to custom field text

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Adding Hyperlinks to custom field text

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    John Alexander

Hi everyone,

1. I would like to know if, in the plugin, I can add a set of custom fields to each event. And then in those fields, can I create a hyperlink in the text that I type?

For instance, say I have an event at a theatre downtown. I might like to have a custom field that says “Nearby Happy Hours”. Can I add that custom field (instead of something generic like “Start Time”, etc.) Then, in the text of the filed I would put “Maloney’s, Rock Bottom”. And I would like to make those names a hyperlink directly to those establishments happy hour pages (not a link to their venue information).

Can I do this in Events Calendar Pro or the new 3.0 version?

2. I am a returning customer. I bought Events Calendar Pro in 8/14/2011. Would I be eligible for a discount for buying the latest Events Calendar Pro – Personal?

Thanks for your help!

Rob

Hey John. Thanks for your note! Happy to answer these questions best I can.

1. Yes, you can set up custom fields with the PRO release. Hyperlinks are fine so long as you define them as such (ie selecting “URL” from the dropdown of custom field types available). This is doable in both the current version and will be doable in 3.0.
    2. The version you bought was a 1.x release, right? Something like 1.3.2 or 1.3.3? If so…then totally. You’re entitled to the existing user discount of 30%. Shoot an email to pro /a/ tri.be referencing this thread and we’ll hook you up with a coupon there.

Hope that helps. If it doesn’t answer your questions, let me know and I’ll adjust my response.

John Alexander

Wow, Rob. Great support as always!! (although I didn’t get an email saying you replied yet. I had to come here to check. NBD)

I really like you guys and I’m glad to see you thriving post-Code Canyon.

I’ll email you guys for that discount code.

Thanks a million!

John Alexander

Sorry, who do I send that email to? Was that supposed to be [email protected]?

John Alexander

Nevermind, I got it…Thanks!

Leah

Thanks John! We’ll be watching for that email.

Leah

Thanks John! We’ll be watching for that email.

~Leah

jefftom
    Participant

Where is it possible to use a URL for custom field? I don’t see that at all.

Rob

Hey Jeff. Sorry to mislead you on the earlier message: in 3.0, there will be a defined URL dropdown. As it stands, in 2.x, you’ll want to take two steps to “fake it”:

1. Configure your Additional Fields like so: http://d.pr/i/32nm.
    2. When creating the event, add the hyperlink in HTML: http://d.pr/i/Jm8e.
    3. Review on frontend and see it worked: http://d.pr/i/2e3m.

Hope that helps and apologies once more for the confusion. Let me know if I can elaborate here or if you have other questions.

Is there any way around the full link tag in the custom field? I don’t know if my client will understand HTML in this instance. If not, any sort of timeline for version 3.0 which will handle this? It’s kind of a big feature the client wants to have event links. Thanks in advance!

Rob

Hey Kindra. Adding the HTML tag at this point is the only way to do it. But if your client isn’t down to take that route, we’re finishing 3.0 now and our goal is to have it out within the next month. I don’t want to promise anything but we are definitely down to the home stretch.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer more. Let me know if you have any other questions here.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Hyperlinks to custom field text’ is closed to new replies.