Adding [Date] to blog loop events title

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Adding [Date] to blog loop events title

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    memeco
    Participant

Hello, I’d like to change event titles so it can display the date of such events as in [9 Jun 2014] <name of the event> in the blog loop.

Where and how can I edit this?

Casey
    Participant

memeco,
    Thanks for reaching out! Any time that you’d like to customize a view of the Events Calendar, the best approach is to perform a template override. This will ensure that your customizations don’t get overwritten the next that you update the plugin. Take a look at our themer’s guide, which will show you how to do this.

If you’re referring to the ‘Upcoming Events’ list, then you want to perform an override on ‘the-events-calendar/views/list/single-event.php’. Then you can use tribe_get_start_date() to display the date in the title like this: http://pastebin.com/aGvMs4Nh

Hopefully that gets you started in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

memeco
    Participant

Ops, sorry. It did answer my doubts, thank you very much! I am without Internet at home, that’s why I didn’t see your post the first time. =]

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/lo

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding [Date] to blog loop events title’ is closed to new replies.