Adding custom fields to event / venue editor?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Adding custom fields to event / venue editor?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jesse

Would it be super super complicated to add custom fields to the event/venue editor? Where would I get started?

Rob

I know we have the idea of porting the custom field options from the “Additional Fields” on Settings (the same as in the backend event creation) to Community at some point. Is that what you’re interested in accomplishing here or have I misunderstood?

Jesse

Kind of but not really…

First scenario: I have a series of custom fields (multiple checkboxes) on each event edit page on the backend. There is a checkbox for each post in the “artist” post type. This is used to associate many artists with one or multiple events. I use http://www.farinspace.com/wpalchemy-metabox/ to achieve this functionality. It would be amazing (and to some degree, completely necessary for my site to function as intended) to be able to use that same class in the community events edit form. I can explain more and send you some snippets in more detail if you want…

Scenario two: I used the “more fields” plugins to add some additional fields to the venue metabox. Just simple text field or textarea meta boxes, like “facebook page”, “website” etc… I think this could probably be achieved through the TEC “Additional fields” functionality but I haven’t tried yet.

Rob

Hey, sorry that this one slipped through the cracks Jesse – been a bit slammed on the support end so my apologies there. I’m understanding the goal of what you want here but it is indeed a bit outside my area of expertise. Let’s see if Jonah has any ideas.

Would be interested to hear if you had any success with the Additional Fields, in the interim…

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jesse,

Unfortunately we don’t have this capability right now but I’ve noted this as a potential feature we add in a future version of the Community Events plugin. For now you would need to figure out something on your own. If you do, please let us know as this would likely benefit other users.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding custom fields to event / venue editor?’ is closed to new replies.