Adding Community events into main events list

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Adding Community events into main events list

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trent
    Participant

Hey guys. I have two questions:
    1. I am running Events Calendar Pro and Community Events. I want all events to appear in the main calendar – both admin events and approved user-submitted events. How do I make this change?
    2. Something is falling apart on my submit event page. Check it out here: http://www.tnmagazine.org/events/community/add/ Scroll to the bottom. Any thoughts?

Joyce Grace

Hello Trent,

Regarding question 1, you may have to do a template over ride or some code hacking to accomplish this. I will look for more straight-on solutions for you but this tutorial at the end shows you where to go to start with this customization: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/community-events-new-user-primer/

But there is a workaround way that might work and would be a lot easier if you’re not into custom coding. If you create a category for your events (or more than one category), in your navigation menu or however you lead users to your events, you would link directly to that one category. Then on the user event submission form, you can have them chose a category that the event will go in. And of course, as you create events yourself, you’d add events to categories, just like adding blog posts to categories. That way all the events will show up on one calendar.

It’s not as finesse of a solution, but it’ll probably work 🙂

Regarding question 2) there is definitely something wrong. I’m guessing you don’t want all those event submission forms there right?

To get you some help, we need to do some test and to rule out the most common possibilities for these types of errors. Once I know you are in your most optimal situation, and if we can determine this is a bug with our plugin, I can get higher level support involved.

Can you confirm you’ve done all of the following for me:

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.8)?
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
    5. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks?
    6. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)?
    7. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/?

If there is a problem with your theme (which I think there might be), unfortunately you’ll need to get your theme fixed and working with the latest WordPress standards. But first let’s try those out and see what happens.

Thanks!

Simon

Would really like to find an easy way to allow users to add events to the main events list. That’s why I bought the Community Events plugin, and now it’s kinda redundant. 🙁

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Simon,

What’s happening for you when events are submitted? Are they showing up in the administration area? Be sure to check the publishing option in Events > Settings > Community – “Default status for submitted events” – because this will determine the status of your posts once they are submitted. Obviously, draft and pending review events won’t show…

Let me know a little bit more about your specific issue and I’ll do what I can to help.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Community events into main events list’ is closed to new replies.