Adding Categories to the Venues to Make Searching for a venue easier

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Adding Categories to the Venues to Make Searching for a venue easier

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robyn
    Participant

We use the calendar for events that take place across 8 of the 50 states and growing and a few events internationally. This creates an awful lot of venues, many of which are the same but in different locations — i.e. applebees, starbucks, golden corral, etc. Is there a way to separate the venues by state/city to make searching for a venue, that is hosting one of our events, easier?

Geoff

Hi Robyn!

Good question. I can see how being able to distinguish venues with categories would be super helpful in this case.

The easiest answer is to give the locations unique names. For example, if you have two Starbucks locations, one might be Starbucks on 3rd and the other Starbucks on Main.

Another way to do it might be to create a custom taxonomy (aka category) for venues. Venues themselves are a custom post type (registered as tribe-venues), so you should be able to create a custom taxonomy for it and then could use it like you would post categories–only for venues.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution for you here, but does this at least give you some ideas to work with? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Categories to the Venues to Make Searching for a venue easier’ is closed to new replies.