Adding an event page not displayed

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Adding an event page not displayed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hhgreeter
    Participant

Hi there,

on our website the page for adding an new event is obviously built up (there is source text behind the page) but not delivered (the page remains blank.

The support of our theme ENFOLD found the following errors and advised us to ask you.

Hope you can help.
    Klaus

——————————

There are some error messages on the page from Tribe Events:
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘view’ of undefined
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

hhgreeter
    Participant

Just checked with Health Check:
    – no problem with standard theme, all plugins active
    – problem occurs with theme Enfold (and child theme)
    Regards

hhgreeter
    Participant

And it is not working with Enfold, even when all other plugins are deactivated.

So EC Community Event and Enfold theme are not compatible?

Regards

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue…EnfoldĀ should work fairly well with our plugins, as that theme includes with The Events Calendar. I would first recommend making sure that you’re running the latest version of the theme. Just to clarify, this is not working when you have the parent theme (the default Enfold theme) enabled and your child theme disabled, is that correct? I tested this out on my end, but the page was loading for me using the Enfold theme.

If it’s not working with the current version (and this is not a conflict with your child theme), then you may want to reach out to their support team directly, as Enfold has a custom integration with our plugins.

hhgreeter
    Participant

I am sorry, I do not quite understand what you ask or propose.

We are running a child theme of ENFOLD version 4.3.2

We tested community plugin under “Health Check” tool with

– theme Twentyseventeen (all plugins activated): no problem with displaying the “add event” page
    – theme ENFOLD (parent) (only Event Calendar and Community activated): page not displayed.

Same situation after deleting and re-installing the two Tribe plugins.

Klaus

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Klaus,

I am checking with the team for some additional recommendations here, as I have not been able to recreate this on my end (the page loads without errors for me using the latest version of Enfold). I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back!

hhgreeter
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

maybe you should have asked your colleague Victor who could have helped you (and us): https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/error-on-add-event-page-community-events/#post-1594741

We followed that hint and now we can access that page again.

A simple bug in your plugin…

Regards
    Klaus

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Klaus,

I’m glad to hear that you are able to access the page again! I did link this thread to our internal ticket for this issue, so as soon as we have an update, we’ll let you know here.

I do apologize for the inconvenience that this caused, and thank you for your patience as we work on getting it resolved!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding an event page not displayed’ is closed to new replies.