Adding additional dates to recurring event (without a recurrence pattern)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Adding additional dates to recurring event (without a recurrence pattern)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    serhan
    Participant

Dear all,

I am a Front- & Back-end Developer from Holland and I am trying to implement Events Calendar PRO for a client of mine! So far it has been working GREAT! (Cudo’s on the awesome plugin) I do have a BUT though (:P)

I have explained my client the power of recurring events as how easy it can be to automatically add new events (in his case courses), but he keeps telling me he has no returning patterns when it comes to planning his courses and I cannot change his mind to do so! So my question is the following:

Is it possible to edit/change/work on/get you guys to help FIX this problem by adding some kind of ‘plus’ or ‘add’ button next to the recurring check box that will give my client the option to select another date and accompanied time for his courses? This would make me and him REALLY happy! He wants to be able to add more then one ‘extra’ date!

And to make another comment on this functionality, why is it not a standard issue option. It does make a lot of sense for me to have something similar to this in a plugin like Events Calendar Pro.

I am in a hurry and I heard of you guys infamous response times so make me smile please! 🙂

Brook
    Participant

Howdy serhan,

That is a very good idea. In fact it is one of our most requested features.

We have actually already started work on this feature. Even beginning in the last release, version 3.5, we started laying the ground work to make this change possible by changing lots of stuff behind the scenes related to how recurring events work. That said I can not yet give you an ETA for when this functionality will be done.

Does that all make sense? Hopefully your client will be happy to know that we are working on it and the plugin will soon include that functionality at no extra cost!

– Brook

serhan
    Participant

Hey Brook,

Thanks for quick answer and sorry for my delayed reply (I have been VERY busy). Good to know this functionality is coming! As far as 3.5 goes it is not yet a good time for us to make that change to upgrade (yet). I rather wait on some later 3.5.x releases before I start considering the possibilities. Is it possible that you can return to this post when said functionality is added in some way? Of course I will follow the changes, but a heads-up would be nice!

– Serhan

serhan
    Participant

UPDATE:

Hey Brook, I forgot to ask! What are the possibilities of fixing this with a work around/add-on/you guys helping me out building this?!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy serhan,

Thanks for quick answer and sorry for my delayed reply (I have been VERY busy). Good to know this functionality is coming! As far as 3.5 goes it is not yet a good time for us to make that change to upgrade (yet). I rather wait on some later 3.5.x releases before I start considering the possibilities.

I just wanted to let you know we already have some 3.5.x releases. But, they do not contain the functionality you requested. Simply behind the scenes changes that will make it possible to set arbitrary dates for recurring events.

Is it possible that you can return to this post when said functionality is added in some way? Of course I will follow the changes, but a heads-up would be nice!

I have added this thread to our internal tracker. A member of our support team should reach out when this has been released. But, either way keep an eye on updates & our changelogs. Often very useful info can be found in them.

To be clear though, we do not yet have a set release nor especially date for when this new feature will be released.

What are the possibilities of fixing this with a work around/add-on/you guys helping me out building this?!

As mentioned above we are already building it, and we are building it as fast as we can. There is not much else we can do to help you besides this. 🙁 I hope you understand. Cheers!

– Brook

serhan
    Participant

Hey Brook, thank you for your reply again. I am glad you answered my questions! Thank you for you time 🙂

serhan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Hi Serhan,

I just responded to your email with some options for you.

Best,

Leah

Brook
    Participant

I hope those options helped you Serhan.

Since this topic has been inactive for a couple of weeks we are closing it out. If you need anything else in the future please feel free to open a new topic. Thanks!

– Brook

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding additional dates to recurring event (without a recurrence pattern)’ is closed to new replies.