Adding ability to search for custom metadata

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Adding ability to search for custom metadata

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

I have added a couple custom metadata inputs to my events (i.e. Supporting acts) that I would like to be included in search results. For example, right now I have an event listed with Van Morrison as a supporting act. However, when someone searches for “Van” or “Morrison” in your search bar above the events list. Nothing comes up. How can I add my custom meta input to your search results?

I have tried adding the “Search Everything” plugin, and that doesn’t seem to change anything.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jessie,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately there isn’t a straightforward way to accomplish this with the built in search features. The additional field values that you’re able to set within the Pro plugin get saved as regular custom meta. So, you could potentially use something like the SearchWP to search for the additional fields. You would possibly need to replace the search field on the template for the SearchWP search form if that is required by that plugin.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a more direct response but hopefully this can help to get you pointed in a good direction.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding ability to search for custom metadata’ is closed to new replies.