Adding a comment section for the ticket purchase

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding a comment section for the ticket purchase

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sonya
    Participant

Hello, We are selling tickets for events and sometimes a user will buy 4-5 tickets for additional guests. We have no way to know who these other attendees are… How can we add a field to the registration to have the registrant list the names of the other attendees they are adding?

I would like to know how to add a comment section (per se) for the user to not this info.

Please let us know the best/easiest way to achieve this.
    Thanks!

Geoff

Hi there, Sonya! Thanks for getting in touch and we hope you’re enjoying the WooTickets plugin so far. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good question. Collecting additional information on attendees on each purchased ticket is something we have on our radar and is part of a large upcoming overhaul to our tickets framework. I don’t have a timeframe for when that’s coming, but it will likely be in the first half of this year. That’s a personal guess though. ๐Ÿ™‚

In the meantime,ย I’m afraid it will take some pretty crafty custom development to get what you’re looking for. One idea might be to use Gravity Formsย to create a custom field that you can display in the WooCommerce checkout template. If I’m not mistaken, I think WooCommerce provides you the ability to add a “Notes” field on the checkout page, that gives customers the ability to add a personal note–perhaps that would work for you?

Sorry I don’t have more of a concrete solution for you, but does this at least help answer your question? Please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Sonya
    Participant

Thanks Geoff, I appreciate your insight. I will be patient and hope for the changes you mention.
    This addition would be a nice nifty feature.

Cheers!

Geoff

Thanks! And, yes, I totally agree–that would be a nifty feature for sure. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please let us know if anything else pops up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding a comment section for the ticket purchase’ is closed to new replies.