Adding a calendar to Events Tickets Pro?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding a calendar to Events Tickets Pro?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gdognight
    Participant

I have purchased events tickets pro and now my client would like to have a date picker for the customer to pick a date of the tour. Do I need to purchase events calendar pro to use with the ticketing system?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Gary and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Do I need to purchase events calendar pro to use with the ticketing system?

The Events Calendar Pro is a great plugin that works perfectly with Event Tickets Plus.
    However, you do not need it to use Event Tickets Plus alongside events.

I would need to learn a bit more about your client’s requirements to be able to suggest the best approach to this.

The simplest way to approach this would be to create events and, in each event, create a ticket.
    This allows the customer to pick the day and purchase tickets accordingly.

If, on the other hand you are looking for a solution that is ticket-oriented (as opposed to event-oriented), then perhaps you would benefit from using another approach than Event Tickets Plus.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

gdognight
    Participant

Hi just not sure how to add the dates so they can pick the date of the event? Is there are way to add a calendar that they can pick a date from?

gdognight
    Participant

https://www.doleplantation.com/event/pineapple-garden-maze/

That is one of the tours. So for all of those tickets can we pick one date? Not sure how this work work in that situation.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

I believe I understand what is going on. If I am not mistaken, you have very long events that last many years.

Currently, the Event Tickets Plus plugin is not built to handle that specific scenario AND allow you to offer tickets for every different day the event lasts for (in this case several hundreds).

However, it will work perfectly if each day is a separate event.
    In other words, instead of having gigantic events that span from November 25, 2017 to November 25, 2020, you will have hundreds of events, one for each day.

That allows you to setup tickets for every event, thus allowing the customer to purchase tickets for a specific day. That also allows you to control stock and produce reports for every day.

If you choose that approach, I would recommend displaying the event date when you go to the single event view. This way customers will know which day they are purchasing for.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

gdognight
    Participant

Hm so your suggestion is multiple events. They have 4 different tours that happen 8 times a day. So 32 events every day? Thats crazy and we cant do that. How do I get refund as this will now not work at all.

Thanks!

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding a calendar to Events Tickets Pro?’ is closed to new replies.