Adding a Buy Now button

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Adding a Buy Now button

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

Is it possible to put in a “Buy Now” button which would allow staff members paste a link in the backend to a third party ticket site such as tickets.com or ticketmaster?

Geoff

Hi Eric and welcome to the forums! I sure hope you’ve been enjoying the plugins so far. 🙂

Yes, I do think it would be possible to display a button as a link like that. For example, you could use the Event Website field (screenshot) in the event post editor. That will automatically display on the single event post when published.

From there, you have the URL and can modify any calendar template to display it again wherever you’d like using tribe_get_event_website_url(). Here’s a link to our Themer’s Guide, which provides documentation for what templates are available to customize and how to customize them.

Does this answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Eric
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for that.

So how do I go about making that url a button?! I’m a bit of a newbie on that!

Geoff

Awesome, I’m glad that helps!

Good question. You would likely need to create the styling for such a button in your theme’s CSS file, then apply it to the URL when you output it in the template. For example:

<a href="<?php echo tribe_get_event_website_url() ?>" class="my-button-class">Buy Now</a>

That’s about as much as I can help with a custom development question like this, but I do hope that gets you started in the right direction. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey Eric! I see my last reply was marked as the correct answer–thanks again for reaching out and I’m stoked this helped out. Please feel free to hit us back up with a new thread if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding a Buy Now button’ is closed to new replies.