Add/Edit Event Page Date Problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add/Edit Event Page Date Problem

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Alejandra.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alejandra
    Participant

When I try to add or edit any event on /community/add or /community/edit/ I always get the following messages:
    Event Start Time is required

Event End Time is required

Even though I have chosen the Start and End times.

WP 4.7.3
    Multiple Browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, FF)
    Events Calendar Por 4.4.5
    Events Calendar: Community Events 4.4.3

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Alejandra!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve been having a higher demand for support than normal for the last days.

Regarding your issue, I see you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting

Also, we were not able to import your system information. Please go to Events –> Settings –> Help in your WordPress dashboard and copy your system information below.

Thanks!

Victor

Alejandra
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Alejandra.
    Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Alejandra
    Participant

I cannot give you access to the site because it is on our intranet. The console of the developer tools had nothing to show

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Alejandra!

That seems strange. I’m still not able to reproduce the error you are having.

Are there any particular steps that you are following that will result in this issue? Does it always happen or only under certain conditions?

Is there any kind of customization that has been made to the plugin?

Just to double check, could you see if any errors appear in the console after selecting / deselecting a start / end date and time?

Also, could you please enable WP_DEBUG on your site. You’ll need to edit to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    (or add this line of code if you can’t find mention of ‘WP_DEBUG’ in your wp-config.php file)

If any errors do appear while navigating your site’s pages, please copy and paste them in their entirety into a new ticket reply.

Thanks,
    Victor

Alejandra
    Participant

I have no errors showing. Does it have anything to do with the additional fields?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Alejandra!

I can’t find anything related to additional fields being the cause of the issue. Why exactly do you think it might be related? Have you seen anything else behaving strangely? Let me know.

Do you remember if the issue appeared after upgrading a plugin or theme? If so, could you please try downgrading that plugin to the previous version and see if it solves the issue?

As a last suggestion, could you set up a separate test site and try to reproduce the issue?

Let me know how that goes and if you have other questions.

Best!
    Victor

Alejandra
    Participant

I finally figured it out.

We use the customization of the community events form, in the latest update, something must have changed in the datepicker module. I updated that, and it worked!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Alejandra!

Great to hear you could find the issue and solve it! Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread now, but feel free to open a new one if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Good luck with your project!
    Victor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Add/Edit Event Page Date Problem’ is closed to new replies.