Events not showing, "Add your event" link/button, Find Events not working,

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Events not showing, "Add your event" link/button, Find Events not working,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kellymarie2001
    Participant

I’ve published an event but it’s not showing up in the calendar. Additionally the event itself is displaying a 404 page not found error (http://www.labeerbloggers.org/calendar/firestone-invitational-beer-festival/)

Find Events isn’t working (this may be because there aren’t any events listed)

I’m also trying to figure out how to include an “Add Your Event” button like in the demo on the calendar page istelf. I’ve purchased the Community Events add-on and set it up, but there’s no option for this showing up (this may be because there aren’t any events listed).

kellymarie2001
    Participant

Hi there, any help would be appreciated. We are live and don’t know how to fix this šŸ™

kellymarie2001
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello kellymarie2001,

Thanks for upgrading and thanks for contacting us! Sorry for the delay in our response, we do a full forum pass every 24 hours, not including weekends and holidays. We typically don’t log into customer’s accounts, for liability concerns.

To fix your 404 errror, you may need to “flush permalinks,” by resaving your permalinks in the Settings > Permalinks admin page. If that doesn’t work, it could be a number of different problems.

This may sound silly, but are you sure your events have a ‘published’ status? If they have a ‘draft’ status they won’t display. ‘Find Events’ will work once we figure out why your events aren’t publishing.

At Modern Tribe we work hard to release polished and clean, professional software. However in the open source market place, this is not always the case.

Before submitting a support post, we ask users to deactivate all plugins and change to a theme likeĀ Twentytwelve, as a proven way to check for conflicts.

Ideally, they will do this on a local, development, or staging environment. It’s possibly a little tedious, but it is the surest and most efficient way to get to the root of a complicated issue. We know this after years of combined experience troubleshooting technological problems of all shapes and sizes.

If the issueĀ still occursĀ on a normalized system, there is more than likely a problem with our plugin (a bug).

If the issueĀ goes awayĀ on a normalized system, there is more than likely conflict with another plugin or theme that is not ours.

This is an integral part of our troubleshooting process. By reactivating plugins one at a time, checking the problem with each activation, you can immediately find out where the conflict is. Otherwise, it is a difficult (impossible) guessing game.

checkforpluginconflict

Can you please deactivate your plugins and theme, to confirm the problem goes away and your published events show? Please reactivate each piece, until the problem comes back. Please let us know which plugin causes the problem.

It looks like your Community Events plugin is activated and working. You can find the URL for the ‘add event’ page atĀ http://www.labeerbloggers.org/calendar/community/add. To add it to the menu, just create a menu item with that link. Let me know if you need more help with adding it.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

kellymarie2001
    Participant

Hi Casey! To answer your questions:
    1) I flushed permalinks, it did not fix the 404 error. The event is definitely “published”
    2) I deactivated my plugins, switched temporarily to the Twenty Eleven theme, and the same issues still exist
    3) thank you for the info on adding the “add event” URL – is there any way to integrate it in the calendar page itself?
    4) I also have noticed the “Submit” button on the add event page (http://www.labeerbloggers.org/calendar/community/add/) is there but the styling is a little weird so you can’t see it. I’ve switched between the different display options for the plugin but no luck.
    5) The theme I’m using is Juno, in case that helps!
    Thanks!

Casey D

Hello kellymarie2001,

I really would like to help solve this, but if doesn’t work on a default system with no other plugins and a default theme, there may be a problem beyond Tribe’s control. I’m particularly stumped if they don’t work on a default system :/

When talking with the team, we noticed that both plural and singular event slugs are the same ‘calendar’ slug. You may want to change the singular back to ‘event’ and see if that fixes the problem. This is done on the Events Settings > General tab in the WordPress admin dashboard. Resave your permalinks after changing it.

However on my system, I was able to use ‘calendar’ for both slugs and it worked just fine. I did however have to resave the permalinks setting, to get single event pages to show up. I would still try changing it on yours, but I don’t yet understand the root of the problem if it fixes it.

At the bottom of the Events Settings > Display tab, there is a place to put html that will appear before and after the calendar views. I believe there is the best place to add the ‘Add Event’ button to the calendar.

Can you tell me more about your install/server? Is this a singular install or a multisite?

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

kellymarie2001
    Participant

Thank you very much for your help! I fixed the issue with the event not showing. First I turned off all plugins again, flushed the permalinks setting, updated the Event Calendar plugin (as of today there were updates), turned plugins back on, and resaved my test event. Not sure which item did it, but it worked!
    The only issue I still have left is: the “Submitā€ button on the add event page (http://www.labeerbloggers.org/calendar/community/add/) is there but the styling is a little weird so you canā€™t see it. Iā€™ve switched between the different display options for the plugin but no luck.
    I can probably figure out how to change the color if I need to go into any css files, just need to know where to look.

Thanks!

Casey D

Hello kellymarie2001,

Awesome! I regret to say I was in fact losing sleep over this issue. (if my troubleshooting techniques don’t work I am lost)

I’d be happy to give you some quick CSS pointers, can you give me specifics of what you want?

A plugin likeĀ http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/Ā will help you add css to your site.Ā If you check out ourĀ Themer’s Guide, you could also make a CSS template override to display what you want.

2014-05-29 at 6.25 PM

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello kellymarie2001,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on a fix, but we were not able to include it in our upcoming release (3.7). Correcting this problem is still important to us and we hope to have a fix done for a future maintenance release. We will do our best to keep you updated here on our progress. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on this.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing, "Add your event" link/button, Find Events not working,’ is closed to new replies.