Add upcoming events to ticket email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add upcoming events to ticket email

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Is it possible to add upcoming events to the default ticket email that gets sent? Possibly add a week view or mini calendar to the bottom of the ticket email? Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeanette,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can definitely customize the email and can include the upcoming events. However, doing something like a mini calendar or week view there would definitely be a bit of an undertaking that we wouldn’t be able to provide customization support for here in this forum.

However, to add the events to the email, you can do a “tribe_get_events” query within the appropriate “tickets.php” file from the Event Tickets Plus plugin, copied into your theme following our Themer’s Guide.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Brian
    Participant

I followed the themers guide and used the tribe_get_events in the bottom of the email.php under events-tickets, however nothing showed up in the ticket email.

I used this code modified with my tags:
    // Grab the 5 next “featured” events (by tag)
    $events = tribe_get_events( array(
    ‘eventDisplay’ => ‘list’,
    ‘posts_per_page’ => 5,
    ‘tag’ => ‘featured’ // or whatever the tag name is
    ) );

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeanette,

Thanks for following up with us here!

Now that you have that code, you can use the variable “$events” to loop through the events retrieved and output them into the template. For example, take a look at the “Displaying Events” section in the tutorial to get an example of how this can be done.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add upcoming events to ticket email’ is closed to new replies.