Add time zone to event listings

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add time zone to event listings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    getreadingright
    Participant

There are numerous threads, posts, and feature requests around regarding displaying the time zone next to the event’s time. Unfotunately I cannot see how this is done exactly. We host educational webinars in Australia and it’s imperative that we can display the time zone (ie. AEDT, AEST, AWST, etc.) next to the event’s time. Is this possible? If so, how do we do it?

Barry

Right now we don’t support specifying a timezone per-event, so if for instance you need to be able to provide a time in AEDT for one event and a time in AEST for another you’re going to have to find a clever way to approach this or else do some customization work.

Perhaps an easy workaround in the interim would be to stick to one timezone across the site and embed a note of the time in the appropriate local timezone within the content?

With that said, please do feel free to add this as a feature request/show your support for any suitable existing requests.

getreadingright
    Participant

I can’t add this to the feature requests, because I’ve already spent my points there voting up some of the other numerous missing features. That being said, it should be a no brainer that indicating the time zone for an event is an essential requirement for a premium events management tool like this one.

Barry

Well, what I’d recommend if you feel strongly enough is removing your support for a less vital feature and applying it to this one instead, or even registering with a different email address to workaround the limitation in the number of votes: while what you have suggested is a good idea I’m not sure I agree it is a ‘no brainer’ and for something like this we’d really like to get a sense of just how much demand there might be prior to implementing it.

That said it’s not just a matter of the-most-popular-request-wins and so long as someone has posted this (if it really is a no brainer that should be the case) we’ll certainly consider it on its merits.

I hope that’s understandable – as we get so many requests we do need some kind of filtering – and as there’s not too much more we can do here in the short term I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add time zone to event listings’ is closed to new replies.