Add tickets to cart

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add tickets to cart

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

if you click the ‘Add to Cart’ button with ‘0’ selected in the tickets number. It takes you to your cart but says ‘Your cart is currently empty’.
    I understand why this does this. But customers click the big pretty ‘Add to Cart’ button first, then they get lost. Is there a way to default the ticket field to ‘1’ instead of ‘0’, or to display a message, that no tickets were selected if left on 0.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brian!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

Yes, there is a way to default the ticket to “1”. You need to make a template customization to do that by following these steps:

• Go to your plugins folder and copy the contents of the file tickets.php located at yoursite/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php
    • Create a folder in your active theme called tribe-events and inside it create another folder called wootickets
    • Create a file called tickets.php and paste the contents from the first step in it. The path should be like this: [your-theme]/tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php

You are now ready to modify the contents of that template to suit your needs. In your case, you should modify line 89 and set the input-value to “1” like this > 'input_value' => 1,

There is a great article on Customizing Templates Files here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps. Let me know how that goes.

Best!

Victor

Brian
    Participant

Thanks, that worked perfect!

Victor
    Keymaster

You are welcome Brian! I’m super happy to be of help. Thanks for coming bag and letting me know about it.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but feel free to open a new one if any other questions come up.

Good luck with your project!

Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add tickets to cart’ is closed to new replies.