Add taxonomy to Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add taxonomy to Community Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pellep
    Participant

I added a taxonomy to Event Calendar PRO with:
    function run_init() {
    register_taxonomy_for_object_type(‘taxonomy-to-use’, ‘tribe_events’);
    }
    add_action(‘init’,’run_init’);

This works fine in wp-admin, but the taxonomy is not showing up in the public Community part. I guess I have to do this part manually. Is there a hook to use or do I edit a copy of the view files?

Barry

Hi!

So basically you want to add a field to the Community Events submission form to let users take advantage of this new taxonomy? If so, the best starting point is our Themer’s Guide which covers the basics of overriding and customizing templates.

From there you will probably be interested in the community/modules/taxonomy.php template and that is likely to be a good home for any user interface elements you add that relate to taxonomies.

Does that help?

pellep
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

In taxonomy.php I see get_terms(TribeEvents::TAXONOMY). Should I add my taxonomy to TribeEvents::TAXONOMY in any way? The taxonomy is registered and working with the Events Calendar PRO admin pages, but it’s not showing up on the community edit-event page.

I thought that TribeEvents::TAXONOMY would fetch registered taxonomies?

Barry

TribeEvents::TAXONOMY is just a reference to our own event categories, it’s not related to tags or any other taxonomies you might register.

I’m afraid that in order to add a user interface to the Community Events submission form that lets users select terms from the taxonomy you added you are going to have to do some coding to get there and it will require some general WP dev knowledge: probably the best path forward initially is to override the template I suggested in my last reply and introduce some custom code there.

It might be based on what you see in there already – or might be quite different – it really depends on what sort of taxonomy you have registered (if it’s hierarchical or not) and how you want to present it to the world.

Unfortunately we can’t help further with customizations of this nature, it’s really one where you’ll need to put the pieces together yourself.

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add taxonomy to Community Events’ is closed to new replies.