Add 'parent page' slug to event calendar URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add 'parent page' slug to event calendar URL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Bundy
    Participant

In the process of switching from other events plugin to EC pro, and our old calendar URL was:
    mydomain.org/events-education/event-calendar/

The SEO folks would like it if the calendar could stay at that same URL. Is this possible somehow without just creating a page with this URL, and using the shortcode for the calendar? What are the downsides of that?

I tried entering ‘events-education/event-calendar’ in that slug field, but the slash gets stripped out on save.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I’d be happy to help with your question.

As you have discovered, the default calendar page does not support subpages. You can create the pages manually and use the shortcode to display a calendar, as you mentioned.

However, there are some downsides to this approach. When on single event pages, there is a link displayed to “all events.” Clicking this will take you to whatever is set for the main calendar page. This link could be hidden, or even customized to point to your custom page.

Also, any event category or tag archives would show up under the main event page url.

Another downside is if you were to use our filter bar plugin. This only works with the main calendar and not shortcode calendars.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Adam Bundy
    Participant

OK, thanks Sky! Thats what I figured.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hello,

You’re very welcome! I’m glad I could help.

Please let us know if you have any issues or questions in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add 'parent page' slug to event calendar URL’ is closed to new replies.