Add Organization Not Available?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Add Organization Not Available?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Crystal

Hi Events Plug-in Team,

I noticed on your demo site (http://wpshindig.com/events/community/add), “Add Organization” does not work. Is this a jquery error in event community plugin OR is this intentional? Wanted to know what it looks like before purchasing. Thanks.

Crystal

Geoff

Hi Crystal,

Ack, well that is egg on our face! Thanks for the heads up. The feature to add organizers in the Community Events form does indeed work, but there is a Javascript conflict in the theme we are using for the demo. We’ve gotta fix that for sure.

In the meantime, I spun up a test site and made a little screencast for you on how that feature does work:

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Crystal

Got it. Thanks, Geoff! And do you know if we currently have customized Community Plugin from last year, would it be compatible with the most updated Events Plugin and Events PRO? We ran into jquery error after making the updates for Events Plugin and Events PRO.

With gratitude.

Crystal

Geoff

Hi Crystal,

Our plugins are built in a way that that they should all run at the same version number. So, for example, if you are running The Events Calendar 4.4.4 (latest), then you will want to install Community Events 4.4.2 (latest) to ensure full functionality. Otherwise, yes, it is likely you will run into issues like the Javascript error you mentioned — in fact, I know we noodled with the Javascript dependencies in 4.4 and that would certainly have an impact on older versions.

If you would prefer not to use the latest version of Community Events, you can always go back to an older version of The Events Calendar instead. We keep all the past versions openly available here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/developers/

Cheers!
    Geoff

Crystal

Thank you, Geoff! Do we need the older version of Events PRO to allow Community plugin to work too?

Geoff

Hi Crystal — hope you had a great weekend!

Yes, that is correct: you will want to run an older version of Events Calendar PRO as well. Keeping all our plugins in sync with version numbers will ensure the greatest compatibility across the board. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Crystal

Thanks, Geoff. And where can I find the older version of Events PRO plugin? Is it something we can purchase?

Geoff

Hi Crystal,

Good question! You will have access to Events Calendar PRO on this site in your account once you have purchased a license.

That said, you might not have access to all of the past versions. If that’s the case, you can certainly reach out to us here in the forums and we would be happy to send you the version you need.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Organization Not Available?’ is closed to new replies.