"Add New Event" page displaying minimal venues/organizers w/ Elasticsearch on

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events "Add New Event" page displaying minimal venues/organizers w/ Elasticsearch on

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    thecolumbian
    Participant

On my frontend Community Events plugin’s “Add New Event” page, the dropdowns for venues and organizers are only displaying 20-25 events in the list when the ElasticPress and The Events Calendar: Elasticsearch Integration plugins are enabled. When I disable them, it displays a huge list for both dropdown fields.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

Just to confirm the issue is not connected to a conflict with your theme or another plugin. Could you please try to reproduce the same issue under default conditions? By default conditions I mean using Twenty Seventeen theme and only our plugins activated, and of course also with ElasticPress plugin.

We’ll also try to reproduce the same behaviour on our end and see what we can find.

Thanks,
    Victor

thecolumbian
    Participant

Hi Victor, thanks for the response. It’s not a theme or plugin conflict, I had already tried switching to the twenty seventeen theme and deactivating all other plugins. It will display all my venues and organizers and then I activate the “ElasticPress” and “The Events Calendar: Elasticsearch Integration” plugins and then instantly I only get 20-25 items in the frontend form’s venues and organizers fields. I deactivate the plugins and the functionality is instantly restored again.

I tried playing with the ElasticPress plugin settings and that didn’t change anything for me.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks for testing that out and for following up with this.

I have logged a bug report for this issue so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending Fix” and link it to the report so we can notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

thecolumbian
    Participant

Thanks a million, Victor. 😉

Is there any chance you might be able to bump this bug’s priority so it gets attention sooner? This bug is causing our events calendar management team to have to deal with duplicate venues and organizers constantly as users are creating new ones that already exist because they don’t see theirs in the very short list available from the dropdown field. This is really costing us a lot of time on our end. If there’s anything I can do to help speed up the process of the fix, by all means, please let me know.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for following up.

I have reached out to one of our developers to let them know about the issue and see if we can speed things up a bit.

We’ll keep you posted once we have an update.

Thanks,
    Victor

thecolumbian
    Participant

I sure appreciate that, Victor.

Victor
    Keymaster

No problem 🙂 We’ll keep you posted

thecolumbian
    Participant

I haven’t received any updates on this, but I just installed the new update to “The Events Calendar” (4.6.24) and “The Events Calendar PRO” (4.4.33) and my issue seems to be resolved. I checked before I installed the updates in WordPress and the issue was still occurring, and when I performed the updates, I refreshed the “Create Event” form on the front end and it is now displaying the full list of venues and organizers. I don’t see anything in the release notes about this issue, so it might have been caused by something else that was fixed in this release. Crossing my fingers that this continues to be fixed since I wouldn’t be able to say what the culprit was.

Barry

Thanks for the update. We’ll continue to check into this, but great that it seems to be fixed.

If you do experience problems again, please create a new support ticket and we’ll be happy to provide further assistance (but since we are migrating to a new support platform, it’s better we close this conversation out).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘"Add New Event" page displaying minimal venues/organizers w/ Elasticsearch on’ is closed to new replies.