Add Links to the top of the calendar for previous and next months

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add Links to the top of the calendar for previous and next months

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kshykula
    Participant

Hello!

Thanks in advance for your quick response. You guys have been really great!

I have added my ‘voice’ to a request to have links for previous/next months added to the ECP but wondering if anyone has figured out a quick snippet that might work. Or at minimum DETAILED instructions on how to fix in the back end of the calendar.

Our users are complaining heartily that this is a common feature in all other mainstream event calendars. I’ve modified the calendar appearance using CSS, but never been in the template. I might be able to edit the back end with instructions.

Is any one able to help?

In more than one instance I have seen your clients sent to this link: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-navigation-links-above-the-calendar-in-month-view/

However, as noted in a support response by “Hunter” below, (and in responses from other clients who have tried it) the code does not work.

Support Ticket

Hunter
    February 5, 2016| Permalink
    Konrad,

Thanks for linking to the KB article. Unfortunately, that functionality has been removed since ~4.0 – I can see if anyone has time to put together a quick snippet – but can’t give you a 100% answer. One idea would be to visit our UserVoice Feature Ideas and add it to the list if it hasn’t been already.

Many thanks,

Kat

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Kat,

Welcome back on our Help Desk!

By default, the navigation links should appear on top of the calendar, as you can see on our demo website: https://wpshindig.com/events/

However, your theme is hiding those links (and is adding some extra styles as well). In order to overcome this issue, you may add the following snippet in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

#tribe-events-content #tribe-events-header {
        display: block; 
    }

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

kshykula
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion! I almost works…

My filter bar is set to display vertically on the left side of the calendar.
    When the filter bar is open, the last and next months links appear

just below the main calendar title and above my category colors legend.

(See attached image).

When I collapse the filter bar, and the filter bar realigns itself above my calendar, the last and next months links are not visible. I turned off the category colors legend and the links are still not visible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Kat

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Kat,

Ok, I saw the problem.

Could you then add the following snippet, under the previous one I gave you?

#tribe-events-content #tribe-events-header .tribe-events-sub-nav li {
        margin-top: 0px;
    }

Please let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

kshykula
    Participant

That was it! Many, many thanks!!

Kat

kshykula
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Links to the top of the calendar for previous and next months’ is closed to new replies.