add link to event in confirmation email

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events add link to event in confirmation email

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony Ash
    Participant

Hello,
    I used the code snippet here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/send-event-organizer-an-email-after-event-submission/ to send an email to a community event organizer, but I’d also like to include a link to the event they submitted.

What do I need to add to the code snippet so they will get a URL to the event they submitted in their email?

Nico

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out, and glad to help you in this once again!

You can get the event link with the tribe_event_link function. So you could be doing something like the following:

add_action( 'tribe_community_event_created', 'notify_organizer' );

function notify_organizer ( $event_id ) {
    $email = tribe_get_organizer_email( $event_id );

if( !empty($email) ) {

$subject = 'Hey Organizer';
    $message = 'Just wanted to let you now about a new event: ' . tribe_event_link ( $event_id );

wp_mail( $email, $subject, $message );
    }
    }

Please give this a try and let me know,
    Best,
    Nico

Tony Ash
    Participant

This doesn’t seem to be working. There is no link in the email but everything else shows up fine.

Nico

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the follow-up! I’m sorry that didn’t work it was my bad πŸ™ tribe_event_link function echos the link, so you should use tribe_get_event_link to get that instead. Here’s the updated snippet:

add_action( 'tribe_community_event_created', 'notify_organizer' );

function notify_organizer ( $event_id ) {
    $email = tribe_get_organizer_email( $event_id );

if( !empty($email) ) {

$subject = 'Hey Organizer';
    $message = 'Just wanted to let you now about a new event: ' . tribe_get_event_link ( $event_id );

wp_mail( $email, $subject, $message );
    }
    }

PLease try it out once again and let me know,
    Best,
    Nico

Tony Ash
    Participant

This worked! Thanks πŸ™‚

Nico

Glad to hear Tony πŸ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to help.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘add link to event in confirmation email’ is closed to new replies.