"Add HTML before event content" control with CSS

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "Add HTML before event content" control with CSS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Karl
    Participant

I know that the “Add HTML before event content” gets added to every page, but I only want it to appear on the main “Events” page. If you gave each page type a unique CSS class, then I could easily hide the text on all of the other pages.

From what I can see in your docs, I have to modify PHP code which seems unnecessarily cumbersome for what should be a simple, routine task. I would think many people would choose to have some sort of description or introductory text on the primary page that lists all events, that they would not want to repeat again on individual event pages.

If there is some better way to add text only on the main page, please let me know that, too.

If you look at http://raffatech.com/seminars/ you will see what we are trying to accomplish. This is using a standard WP page along with an ECP shortcode.

The base page your plugin creates, http://raffatech.com/events/, would be okay if we could put that same text on it (and not have that text on any other event page).

Thanks!

Nico

Hi there Karl,

Thanks for getting in touch about this and sorry to hear about the struggle. Let me help you out…

First of all please note that the plugin adds some view specific classes that might help you out. For list view for example you have the ‘events-list’ class added to the body.

Can you please let me know which views you are planning to use in the site? This way I can make sure they have unique classes you can use to hide the content for the ones in which you don’t need it.

As you correctly pointed out this can also be achieved by using a simple PHP snippet, but it looks like you prefer the CSS approach.

In any case please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Karl
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘"Add HTML before event content" control with CSS’ is closed to new replies.